29th Assembly of the INTOSAI Working Group on IT Audit (WGITA) – 4 November 2020
Due to the prevailing COVID-19 Pandemic, the 29th assembly of INTOSAI WGITA was restricted to presentation of country papers by member SAIs on IT Audit related issues virtually in form of a webinar which was held on 16 October 2020. SAI Hungary, the nominated host of 29th WGITA assembly, also conducted a webinar on “Strengthening Digital Awareness –IT Audit-Learning Audit Guidance” on 4 November 2020 as part of this assembly meeting. CAG of India, as the WGITA Chair inaugurated both the events.
Mr. Girish Chandra Murmu, CAG of India and WGITA Chair while elaborating the work done by WGITA as a Global forum for IT Audit and the technology and digital driven governance and service delivery in India, emphasized the need for continuously up skilling the public auditor to maintain relevance to the stakeholders.
About 6 SAIs presented their experiences in the Webinar on 4 November 2020.
74th Meeting of the INTOSAI Governing Board – 12 November 2020
As many as 33 delegations of Supreme Audit Institutions (SAIs) met virtually on the occasion of the 74th meeting of the INTOSAI Governing Board on 10 November 2020. The meeting was chaired by the SAI of the Russian Federation and moderated by the host of the meeting, the General Secretariat of INTOSAI. The virtual gathering was supported by simultaneous interpretation into six languages. The Governing Board reached important decisions regarding the safeguarding of INTOSAI’s operations during the COVID-19 pandemic and the way forward. Among them are the following:
- Approval of the following themes of the XXIV INCOSAI hosted by the SAI of Brazil:
- Theme I "The work of Supreme Audit Institutions in the context of public calamities" and
- Theme II "Global voice, global outcome, far reaching impact"
- Approval of the SAI of the USA as Chair of Theme I and the SAI of Brazil as Chair of Theme II
- Taking note of the creation of the INTOSAI Digital University (U-INTOSAI) hosted by the SAI of the Russian Federation
- Taking into consideration the SCEI's recommendations regarding the continuity of INTOSAI's operations
- Approval of the amendments of the INTOSAI Handbook for Governing Board Meetings to endorse the procedures that had to be changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Approval of the endorsement versions of ISSAIs 200 and 2000 and of the GUIDs 4900, 5250, 5330
- Approval of the appointment of Ms. Aicha Benbelhassen from the SAI of Tunisia as a member of the FIPP
- Taking note of several CBC products, including the occasional guide "The future-relevant value-adding auditor"
- Approval of the Guidelines of Standards for the Social Control of Public Funds developed by the Working Group on the Fight Against Corruption and Money Laundering
- Approval of an expert team led by the SAI of the UAE consisting of SAIs and representatives of the UNODC
- Approval of the SAI of the UAE's continued cooperation with the UNODC on behalf of INTOSAI
- Taking note of the Abu Dhabi Declaration 2019 of the 8th Conference of the States Parties to the United Nations Convention against Corruption
Photo: C&AG of India presenting KSC Report to the INTOSAI GB in the 74th INTOSAI GB meeting held on 10 November 2020.
17th meeting of the INTOSAI Compliance Audit Subcommittee (CAS) - 23 November 2020.
Photo: C&AG of India, asthe CAS Chair, delivering opening remarksfor the 17th CAS meeting on 23 November 2020
The 17th meeting of the INTOSAI Compliance Audit Subcommittee (CAS) was held virtually on 23rd November 2020. Representatives from 17 SAIs participated in the meeting, apart from AFROSAI – E and IDI. Owing to the current pandemic situation, which has disturbed the planned audit programmes and thrown up challenges to compliance with audit mandate of the SAIs, it was decided to hold the annual CAS meeting virtually, to facilitate sharing of experiences by CAS members about how they are coping with the challenging situation and the approach being followed in auditing COVID-19 initiatives of their governments. To that effect, the theme of the virtual meeting was ‘Audit of COVID-19 efforts – a compliance audit perspective.
8th International Training Programme on “Introduction to Environmental Auditing”
Photo: C&AG of India delivering inaugural message for the 8th ITP on 7 December 2020.
Mr. Girish Chandra Murmu, CAG of India inaugurated the 8th International Training Programme on “Introduction to Environmental Auditing which was conducted online on zoom platform from 07 to 11 December 2020 at the International Centre for Environment Audit & Sustainable Development (iCED) Jaipur, which is the Global Training Facility of INTOSAI Working Group on Environmental Auditing (WGEA). The workshop was attended by 68 participants from 36 SAIs.Photo: C&AG of India, as the CAS Chair, delivering opening remarks for the 17th CAS meeting on 23 November 2020
Webinar on “Enterprise-wide Audit Process and Knowledge Management IT System (OIOS Project)” - 15 March 2021
Photo: C&AG of India delivering his video message for the 2nd WGITA quarterly webinar held on 15 March 2021
As part of the WGITA initiative to hold quarterly webinars on IT Audit Topic under the Work Plan 2020-22, SAI India as Project Co-Lead hosted the 2nd quarterly webinar on the topic “Enterprise-wide Audit Process and Knowledge Management IT System (OIOS Project)” on 15 March 2021. Mr. Girish Chandra Murmu, CAG of India and WGITA Chair inaugurated the Webinar. The members were briefed about the features of “One IAAD One System” (OIOS), the application which is indigenously being developed to provide end-to-end web-based workflow automation of the audit process covering audit planning, programming field audit and reporting.